Welcome to an "An Architect's Guide to EIFS”. This information has been selected to serve the needs and interests of the Architects community. EIMA hopes you find it useful...and we welcome your suggestions and/or questions. Get inspired. Design with EIFS.
- EIMA is a registered provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. The Introduction to Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems is an online program and one-half (0.5) Continuing Education System (CES) Learning Units can be earned for successful completion of the course.
- The Guide to EIFS with Drainage Detailing is a 26-page publication that highlights the basic components of an EIFS with Drainage system and addresses common detailing questions. The high-quality images contained in the guide depict EIFS details, including a typical EIFS configuration, aesthetic reveals, graphic detailing, termination at different locations, sealants, and joints.
- EIFS are sustainable, durable, and resilient. Highly impact resistant EIFS are easily achievable using industry standard application practices and products that are very effective and economical. Impact Resistant EIFS: Tough and Tested provides information and guidance to designers and specifiers regarding how to achieve impact resistant performance that is in line with project and owner expectations.
- As an ANSI-accredited standards development organization, EIMA develops consensus industry standards for the EIFS and construction industries. These standards lay the foundation for the insertion of EIFS in the model building codes. Through its Technical and Research Committee, EIMA addresses a broad range of technical issues and represents the EIFS industry before national building code and standard development organizations that influence the EIFS industry. Visit EIMA’s library of Technical Tools.
- EIMA invites you to visit the EIFS Project Gallery and delight in the design excellence of a vast array of award-winning EIFS projects. Each project exemplifies the unique attributes of EIFS, and collectively, represent the best in the continuous insulation (CI) industry.
The Best-Ever Wall Cladding
- Competition among opaque exterior wall claddings is fierce. Building owners and designers are constantly faced with a wide range of choices in order to accommodate the objectives of the project: durability, cost, aesthetics, color, texture, in sum curb appeal. Does the final choice end with the specification of a particular exterior wall cladding in the bid package? Discussing whether this is true or not is a panel experienced in how the decision on the type of wall cladding is made, and in many cases, changed. Watch video