Call For Entries
EIMA is pleased to announce the Call for Entries for the 2022 EIFS Hero Awards. The EIFS Hero Awards Program recognizes outstanding projects in the EIFS industry in a variety of building categories. Award winning entries will demonstrate the unique attributes of exterior insulation and finish systems including architectural versatility, energy-efficiency; and resillience.
EIMA is now accepting project submissions. Entries are due on November 30, 2022.
- The project must have been completed between January 1, 2020 and November 1, 2022.
- Entry must be submitted by an EIMA member in good standing.
- Entry must be submitted by a company that is a member of the project team.
- The EIF system used on the project must be that of an EIMA manufacturer member.
- All components of the project’s EIF system will have been supplied or obtained from one EIMA manufacturer member, or its authorized distributors. Substitutions or additions of project materials other than those specified by the EIMA manufacturer will deem entry ineligible.
- The project’s opaque walls must be comprised of more than 50% EIFS.
- The project can be either new construction or renovation.
- Projects may be submitted for the EIFS Hero Awards no more than twice.
- All projects must be located in the United States.
Awards will be given to EIFS projects in the below categories. Each entry must be submitted in only one category.
- High-rise (defined as any building exceeding 75 ft in height)
- Institutional (schools, churches, museums, universities, government facilities, concert halls...)
A jury of impartial experts drawn from the design and construction industry will judge the submittals. The jury determines the winners of the EIFS Hero Awards. At the jury’s discretion, projects may be moved from one category to another based on the appearance and purpose of the project stated in the entry. The jury reserves the right to not award a winner in every category. EIMA reserves the right to publish any and all entry materials submitted, or any part thereof, without compensation. This includes photographs and names of any and all entrants and projects submitted to the awards competition. Notification of award winners will be announced in late winter 2023 and an Awards Ceremony will be held at the EIMA Annual Meeting in 2023.
|Call for Entries:||August 30, 2022
|Submissions Due:||November 30, 2022
|Judging:||January 22-26, 2023
|Winners Notified:||February 6, 2023
|Awards Ceremony:||2023 EIMA Annual Meeting -- April 26, 2023, Palm Springs, CA
Tips for Submitting a Successful Entry
- Pay close attention to the eligibility requirements, especially project completion dates. Projects completed outside of the published dates will not be accepted.
- Reach out to all members of the project team to assist with writing and submitting an entry. EIMA is not responsible for coordinating entries with project team members.
- A project description is required. A minimum of 100 words is acceptable, but a more thorough narrative is suggested. This is a significant aspect of the entry as it tells the detailed story of the project to the jury and provides them information they cannot receive from looking at a photograph. Projects without written descriptions will not be accepted.
- Submit high-resolution (300dpi), professional photography. EIMA suggests involving the project architect to obtain professional photography. Photography of the completed project is desirable, not the project under construction, unless you are submitting before and after photos. Make sure there is not construction equipment and/or debris in the photo. Interesting angles and up-close shots of EIFS finishes are recommended. A sunny day with a blue sky in the background is optimum.
- Review previous years’ award winners: